In July’s round up of “Inspiration Points” we look at a mix of interesting people, amazing stories, inspiring thoughts and things we like
- Scalevo Wheelchair – no more barriers for disable people
- The power of human touch
- We make a living by what we get – but we make a life by what we give
- Built a future not a stereotype – Mama Hope
- #YOULOOKDISGUSTING – Powerful message about online bullying
- Be a man – men of different ages reveal their thoughts on this phrase
- TED talk of the week – When to take a stand… and when to let go
- The Great Escape – Is it time to run to Switzerland?
- The magic of dreaming big – The winning formula for entrepreneurs
- TED talk of the week – This is what enduring love looks like
- A subway experiment – that will put a smile on your face
- Social protesting – Have you met this immigrant?
- TED talk of the week – The nerd’s guide to learning everything online
- Hate your commute? – Maybe you’re looking at it in the wrong way
- Emotional farewell – How one school in New Zealand said goodbye to a teacher with the deepest show of repect
- What is original – Sampling, borrowing and rifting make all of us innovators
- Life is a marathon – Welcome to the beginning
- Anything that is worth pursuing, is going to require us to suffer
- TED podcast of the week – Do we need humans? – Are we better plugged-in, connected or alone?
- Freakonomics of the week – A better way to eat
- TED podcast of the week – Finite – What happens next in our world of limited resources
- Freakonomics of the week – The economics of sleep
- TED podcast of the week – Transformation – Are we simply the sum of our experiences? Or can we choose our own path?
- Freakonomics of the week – The economics of sleep (part 2)
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Why you should be nice at work – Even if you do not have time for it
- Date while you wait – Pop up meeting table in the NYC subway
- Shift Sneaker – Could this be the future of footwear?
- In memory – What happens to your Facebook after you die?
- Productivity comes from anywhere – Can even come from changing the way you view something
- Real girls of Moscow – Empowering girls is something a lot of brands are already working on
- 10 things creative people exhibit – these are strangely opposing traits
- Stress makes your brain stronger – … up to a point
- Are you ageing 3x faster than average? – a new study from New Zealand could have the answer
- 1 boy and his 2 best friends – when your best friends are twice your size
- 11 potential benefits of exploring outer space – life outside of earth
- The emoji war – romance in middle school
- Why I’m always late – from our favourite friend at waitbutwhy?
- Sarcasm – turns out it’s good for creativity
- Space not spikes – what happens when artists got fed up with ‘anti-homeless spikes’
- Are you holding your daughter back? – 5 ways to raise your little girls to be leaders
THINGS WE LIKE
- Diversity & Inclusion – Love has no labels
- The Science of Summer – How to be your happiest this summer
- 3 billion miles later… – we have our first close-up of Pluto from NASA
- The saga of Missy – a designer and a missing poster
- Two dogs hugged – and it saved their lives