In September’s round up of “Inspiration Points” we look at a mix of interesting people, amazing stories, inspiring thoughts and things we like.
- TED talk of the week – An invitation to men who want a better world for women
- A beautiful struggle – A beauty blogger re-learns how to put on makeup
- Little Kids. Big Questions – Beauty
- TED talk of the week – How too many rules at work keep you from getting things done
- A warm welcome – Regardless of political opinion, people in need are people in need.
- Slow melting ice cream – Summer will never be the same!
- TED talk of the week – What really matters at the end of life
- Finding Vivian Maier – The story of one of the most talented street photographers never found
- Man in the red bandana – A touching story about one brave man’s actions on 9/11
- TED talk of the week – How to find work you love
- What is A.I.? – The pace of change is quickening, just like we said in Sentience!
- An experiment in gratitude – The science of happiness
- TED talk of the week – Don’t ask me where I’m from, ask where I’m a local
- The best bed in the world – Courtesy of an Ikea Ultra Hack
- The science of persuasion – With some helpful animated graphics
- TED podcast of the week – Everything is connected
- Freakonomics of the week – Why do we really follow the news?
- TED podcast of the week – Unstoppable learning
- Freakonomics of the week – Outsiders by design
- TED podcast of the week – Screen time (part 1)
- Freakonomics of the week – Are you ready for a glorious sunset?
- TED podcast of the week – Screen time (part 2)
- Tim Ferriss Experiment – 5 Morning rituals
- TED podcast of the week – The source of creativity
- Tim Ferriss Experiment – Comedy’s dynamic duo: Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Augmented reality – is the future of design
- Why does music give us chills? – whether it’s the classic Bach or the theme from Rocky
- The secret – to igniting your career
- The pregame ritual – for creativity
- Asking for advice at work – makes you seem smart, if you do it right
- 23 random funnies – to kick start your week
- Collaboration – how to avoid design by committee
- Control your brain with sound – or more specifically, control your brain cells using sound waves
- Audvisor – a 3-min dose of inspiration from the world’s top experts, anytime!
- 5 things you will regret – from a nurse who works with the dying
- Turning stress into an advantage – if you could choose how stressful tomorrow will be, would you hope for a great deal of stress?
- Do you have a twin? – Have you met them yet?
- The world’s first glowing sea turtle – and no, it’s not a TMNT
- The bike of the future – electric-powered, phone-synced, foldable… what can’t it do?
THINGS WE LIKE
- Evolution of Magazines – If someone from 1915 picked up a magazine today, it might take a few minutes to lift their jaw off the floor
- Insta-Barbie – Hipster Barbie is so much better at life than you
- Timeless Portraits – Celebrities then and now
- #bethecover – This month’s issue of Elle Australia is a mirror
- Christmas at Hogwarts – You can live the ultimate dream of dining in the Great Hall