Your dose of ‘This week in digital’ from a week that brought a solar eclipse to the US beating the Super Bowl in terms of social shares and witnessed anniversary celebrations on Twitter as we reach 10 years of the #hashtag.
- Facebook clamps down on fake news and withdraws some of the less business-focussed ad formats
- Walmart and Google to partner to challenge Amazon’s Alexa in the voice shopping market
- Amazon expands its programmatic offering and is looking to get into banking
- Google refunds the service fees for a host of advertisers whose ads were only seen by bots
- People prefer watching serialised publisher content on Facebook and Buzz Sumo share insights from analysis of 100 million videos on Facebook
- Expect to see an increase in video ‘rewards ads’ in your favourite mobile games
- CNN is ditching Snapchat Discover in favour of a daily news show
- New study is tracking the potential privacy issues in a fully IoT enabled home
- This is what it looks like to travel at 200mph in SpaceX’s Hyperloop
- Facebook rolled out a special camera filter for the season finale of Game of Thrones 7
- With a mobile temporary tattoo printer, the possibilities are endless
- An account of how Tesla’s marketing of ‘Autopilot’ nearly caused an engineer revolt, offering us all some learnings for the marketing of AI powered or automated services
- Here is Uber’s first pitch deck: next steps… ‘buy 3 cars, develop app…’!
- How growing up with digital butlers may affect children’s behaviour