PHD International’s media planner, Shona Read, provides this week’s mix of interesting people, amazing stories and inspiring thoughts;
“Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted”– Albert Einstein
- TED talk of the week – Ambitious women have flat heads – By Dame Stephanie Shirley, the most successful tech entrepreneur you never heard of
- Lessons in creativity – Grayson Perry gives the advertising world some lessons in creativity
- Spoiler Alert! – Some of the greatest pranks and spoilers from this year’s April Fools
- TED podcast of the week – Press Play – How games make you more empathetic, teach us and make us better. SOURCE anyone?!
- Freakonomics podcast of the Week – What you don’t know about online dating – Is there a secret formula? And have you been doing it wrong this whole time?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- 12 books from ‘Mad Men’ – The works that inspired Don Draper
- Essential Objects – For commuters and those stuck indoors
- Enormous Smallness – The sweet illustrated story of E.E. Cummings and his creative bravery
Sony World Photography Awards – Some of the winners from the Open and Youth Competitions from 2015 (Main picture)