PHD Malaysia continues to be at the vanguard of media planning leadership.
We believe in Happy people = Good Work = Happy Clients. We simultaneously reward and empower our talent to make a difference to their work and development.
Every year the company completes a cultural audit (in addition to a client satisfaction survey) and without fail a significant finding is that PHD is the ‘friendliest’ company people have worked for. We seem to have more than our fair share of decent, nice people who look out for each other.
Working at PHD Malaysia you get:
- Curiosity Fund to learn something new every year
- Drinks trolley every Friday
- Events organised by the social committee (our very own Chief Happiness Officers)
- Big Hugs – PHD’s very own CSR initiative
Scope of role:
The Business Management Community’s performance is critical to our market perception and business health. This community is tasked with creating a recognized market-leading position in communications planning, strategic approach implementational & executional management and client servicing.
Reports into Managing Partner / Managing Director
Key aspects of the role:
1. Management and development of key senior relationships with your clients.
2. Quality control of the output of your group in the creation of plans that reflect the insights and the ideas shaped from them
3. The identification, recruitment, management and development of people within your team, including their adherence and delivery of our beliefs, principles and vision.
4. Networking within the marketing and media community in a manner than drives and distinguishes our position.
5. Managing the productivity and profitability of your group and business to the required levels, including setting and reviewing fee levels.
6. Identify and drive new business opportunities through existing or new business relationships.
7. Development and management of one leadership task that benefits and serves the interests of the whole Agency.
8. Understanding our recommendations are grounded in consumer insights and that these insights should lead to communications recommendations not just traditional media plans
1. Ability to engage senior individuals within your client group & manage complex campaigns
2. Be diplomatic as a way of getting things done
3. Sit at the table for senior strategic discussions around the big issues, both business and communications strategy
4. Strong Breadth of knowledge across all channels
5. Senior enough to be able to stand up to client or creative agency using appropriate & diplomatic judgments to get the right result
6. Be confident to present at large meetings/conferences in an articulate and clear manner
7. Have ability to understand and account for multiple stakeholders and their issues
8. Deliver broad business thinking as well as having the ability to deliver against processes and attention to detail that come with accounts of this scale
1. Client relationship management
– Ultimate responsibility for senior relations with clients
– Development of new revenue streams with clients above.
– Total quality control for all output delivered to the client.
- Strategic media development
– Involvement of insights and creative communications solutions
– Approval of strategic product
- Leadership of the plan creation process
– Inspire team to evolve the core media idea at the plan creation stage.
– Ensure quality of product delivery from start to finish
- Client Profitability
– Responsibility for leading fee arrangements within your client group.
– Ensuring existence of updated client contract
– Productive application of team resources to deliver required margins, and bonus where applicable
– Sell through of appropriate solutions to client business
- Leading your team and the specialist relationships
– Development and direction of your team.
– Application of career development process and direction on training needs.
– Appropriate involvement with strategy and trading communities.
– Delivery of vision and principles at all times.
– Effective working relationships with other agency personnel
– Pre-campaign, On Booking, Campaign Commencement, During campaign and post-campaign
– Ensure the teams’ accountability regarding the loading, invoicing and resolution of finance related issues
- Protecting our high standards
– Ensure that any work that leaves the agency is of the highest standard
– Be part of producing ideas that inspire, motivate, engage and create commercial action
– Be part of producing award winning work
– Always challenge “mediocrity” (if you don’t know what this means, ask your CEO)
– Think like a solutions provider
– Ensure you encourage the use of other agency services
Job Type: Full-Time
- Tertiary qualified, supplemented by 8-12 years of strong media planning & buying experience
- Good understanding of media fundamentals and strategic planning capabilities
- Strong client facing communication & presentation skills
- Has managed a team
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Business savvy
- Leadership qualities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills internally, with media owners and clients
Eileen Ooi, Head, PHD Malaysia - firstname.lastname@example.org