Who we’re looking for:
A solution-seeker who always looks on the bright side, and is willing to jump over obstacles to get the work from good to great. Highly skilled in their craft and courageous in their approach. A battle buddy who’s always got our back. An avid listener who isn’t afraid to share their opinion to help our work progress; they know there’s no ‘i’ in team. At PHD, we value our culture above anything else, and that culture is built on the spirit of our people. We’re looking for tireless optimists, happy warriors, and fearless collaborators who bring that extra dose of contagious energy.
A week in the life of a Communications Planning Director:
You will jump into a diverse, collaborative, eclectic bunch with wide-ranging backgrounds in media planning, creative strategy, gaming, data sciences, and consumer and cultural insights. You’ll be the leading voice in bringing innovative and data-centric solutions to clients. You’ll play a central role in rallying internal and external partners around integrated plans. You’ll be the connective tissue between the client’s business strategy, the creative agency’s brand strategy, and PHD’s media strategy. Reporting to the US Head of Strategy & Planning, you’ll be accountable for:
- Account Management: bring inspiration, smarts and clarity to planning. Continuously raise the bar on media product – helping clients develop more create media solutions to business challenges with each plan. Infuse consumer and culture insights to drive bigger context strategies for your client. Amplify consumer and cultural relevance, accelerate brand adoption and animate ideas through media placement and creativity.
- Team Management: be the goal setter. Pave the direction for your team and devise plans for short-term and long-term growth and success. Supervise and coach your team to provide routine feedback, be an advocate of their learning and development at PHD.
- Client Management: be your client’s champion. Provide strategic direction and clearly articulate opportunities to clients. Be willing and able to step in and help clients make decisions with a professional presence at all times.
- Cross Team Alignment: be a great connector of people and ideas. Comfortable in assuming leadership and driving action in a collaborative setting. Establish enhanced ways of working that elevate the role of context/creativity in media planning to inspire next level media ideas and partnerships.
You’ll make an impact by:
Having a diverse range of strategic experience spanning disciplines such as brand planning, comms planning, research & ethnography, and digital/CRM. You’ve built trust and influence with executive stakeholders and have a track record of partnerships that enhance team culture and overall performance.
Who you’ll partner with:
Reporting directly to U.S. Head of Strategy & Planning, with a dotted line to the Group Account Director on your account, you’ll partner closely with client brand leads, creative agency planners and creatives, and other PHD media leads.
What you can expect:
The chance to grow the agency and yourself.
Freedom to collaborate with over 4,000 colleagues in 80+ offices worldwide.
A place that cares about your personal passions just as much as your work.
Job Type: Full-Time
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of media planning experience; mix of media planning and comms planning skills strongly preferred. Minimum 6 years of experience in managing and growing a team
- An understanding of all marketing communications mediums (including digital and content)
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to become an “influential consultant” to clients and other agencies
- Knack for linking business goals with strategic executions
- Well-rounded thinker – equally strong conceptual, analytical, and executional
- Proficiency in media terminology, media math, calculations and KPI development and third party research tools
To apply visit https://omg.taleo.net/careersection/phd_externaljobs/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=14100120188