A plethora of predictions for 2018 and roundups of 2017.
We take a look at a record breaking night for WhatsApp, the rise of Spotify and its hopes to go public, stats galore from Google, Ofcom and the ONS, and Footlocker’s ‘open to all’ unboxing experience.
- Spotify gains 10 million new paid members every 6 months and files to go public on the New York Stock Exchange
- On New Year Eve, three million people partied the night away in Airbnbs, compared to just 1,400 eight years ago and many of them were WhatsApping – a massive 75 billion messages globally were sent using the service
- Instagram is letting a select few users post directly to WhatsApp
- Google have newly released their voice search stats
- Ofcom’s communications market report gives a handy compilation of stats across Digital and Offline, as the Office for National Statistics reveals young people spend a third of their time on devices
- Here are some of the most significant apps of 2017
- In the world of ecommerce, experts round up the biggest trends in 2017 and give their predictions for 2018
- Footlocker’s unboxing experience across Snapchat Lens lets users ‘try before they buy’
- A new Twitter bot turns threads into easy to read blogs
- Audi puts safety first, with a script for websites that blocks people who are browsing whilst driving
- Here’s a look at some 2017 highlights of content marketing from beauty brands and experiential marketing
- The BBC, The Guardian and Fast Company give their rundown of what they think will happen in media in 2018, including consolidations, fake news and politics
- Take a look at the future of Blockchain