December is upon us so that means there’s plenty of retail focus this week as consumers look to spend big for Christmas. Also included is Facebook’s new product launch and Spotify using our listening habits to fuel their ads.
- Facebook has launched its co-viewing feature Watch Party to all users.
- Disney is the latest big brand to consolidate its online ad platforms through Google.
- Instacart is helping grocery stores to digitise and tackle the threat of Amazon/Whole Foods.
- Instagram has launched a new option to share stories within restricted groups.
- Amazon now accounts for 13.3% of worldwide retail eCommerce sales.
- Google has released some key seasonal retail insights using five years’ worth of search data.
- A new study on social listening highlights the negative impact social can have for brands who are doing it wrong.
- Baby Shark alert! Spotify launched their annual end-of-year campaign based on user listening habits.
- Social influencers were hoodwinked by a fake pop-up store for shoes.
- Need an infographic that explains blockchains? Look no further.