Social Account Director
In 2021, PHD was named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Year, won the Grand Prix at the Media Week Awards, was the only media agency to win a Media Lion at the Cannes Festival of Creativity (we won three), reduced our Gender Pay Gap to zero and welcomed a diverse range of new clients, including Chanel and Tony’s Chocolonely.
After such as successful year, we are now looking to expand our social media team with the hiring of a Social Account Director. As a full-service media agency, social sits at PHD’s heart so this is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work across a varied client mix.
About the role
Reporting directly into PHD’s Head of Biddable, the Social Account Director will manage social media campaigns and strategies in supporting a wide mix of exciting brands. As part of your remit, you will develop integrated Social Advertising strategies with client teams, (Organic Social, PPC & SEO) as well as quarterly Social roadmaps for clients that deliver against their business objectives.
This is a perfect opportunity to become a strong leader. By keeping abreast of developments in across Paid Social, you will constantly encourage integration across senior members of the agency whilst also driving development programmes for your team of Social Advertising Mangers and Planners.
You will also get the chance to spot growth opportunities for additional PHD services outside of Social Ads including Listening, SEO, PPC, Mobile and Discovery to help drive revenue for the agency as well as upskill your own expertise in digital with the likes our newly launched Digital Academy training platform.
Sitting within the supportive social team, you will get to work collaboratively with each other as well as teams, such as content to spot more opportunities for both personal and business growth.
There are also many opportunities to engage with more people across the agency outside of your work remit. Whether that’s by helping our sustainability objectives by joining our Live More Green team or by getting involved with our agency experience team. Whether you want to run your own social club, be part of our D&I change, help our moments team celebrate achievements and occasions or find ways to improve our working environment, via our Future of Work Group, PHD is an agency of collaborators and will bring more than expected to your experience of agency life.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we’re looking for will be a key figure in fostering interest and excitement for social opportunities within the agency. You’ll be able to develop relationships with key technology suppliers and engines to help improve overall service levels.
You will also make the most of the tools through regular audits and development plans and support the Head of Biddable with hitting income targets by increasing client spend and pitching for new business.
We take Inclusion seriously and provide adjustments for individuals throughout the recruitment process, so you can be at your best.
Please discuss any specific adjustments with your Talent Attraction team member or if you would feel more comfortable, please reach out to [email protected] and let us know (confidentially) how we can be of help.
Knowledge and experience required
- Ability to induct clients into PHD re what we do in social advertising, digital planning and explain other departments
- Ability to understand clients’ business to drive conversations with senior clients and media owners/suppliers to deliver our commercial agenda
- Be able to confidently take a front-of-house role in new business pitches, and work productively both with pitch and marketing teams
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills to clients
- Anticipate the needs of the team and makes arrangements accordingly
- Be proactive on accounts to ensure we are challenging clients and are ahead of the game in social.
- Ability to influence clients through all verbal and written communication
Personal attributes required:
- Demonstrate a curious and positive attitude
- Be approachable and supportive to team
- Be able to coach and nurture your team, deliver a positive experience, spot and develop talent
- Encourage regular feedback within the team both positive and constructive
- Demonstrate effective and organised delegation
- Be responsible for the training and development of the core team within your remit
What else do I need to know?
DE&I at PHD
We have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients’ businesses.
If this role sounds up your street apply direct via our OMG Careers website and find out about even more benefits of joining our award winning team.