Ad Ops Director
In 2021, PHD was named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Year, won the Grand Prix at the Media Week Awards, was the only media agency to win a Media Lion at the Cannes Festival of Creativity (we won three), reduced our Gender Pay Gap to zero and welcomed a diverse range of new clients, including Chanel and Tony’s Chocolonely.
After such as successful year, we are now looking to expand our data & tech department with the hiring of an Ad Ops Director. As a leader in the field of digital buying and cutting-edge digital media strategies, this role is ideal for someone who wants to showcase innovation in the tech space and make a significant difference to the business results of our clients.
About the role
Reporting directly into PHD’s Head of Data & Tech, you will investigate and ensure that we are using the best technology available for our clients as well as helping the department become as efficient as possible. The ideal candidate for this role will be knowledgeable in agency-side ad-serving practices, reporting and analysis, and will have a broad understanding of the necessary measurements of all digital marketing channels.
This is a perfect opportunity for a candidate who wants to drive innovation. You will be responsible for working heavily within ad-serving platforms and will need to be able to take an informed overview of the whole trafficking process, from empowering planners to make full use of the ad tech available and liaising with the campaign trafficking team to assist with troubleshooting if needed.
Sitting within the highly skilled data & tech team, you will get to work collaboratively with each other as well as other teams such as planning and investment, working hard towards both business growth and growth of yourself.
There are also many opportunities to engage with more people across the agency outside of your work remit by getting involved with our agency experience team. Whether you want to run your own social club, be part of our D&I change, help our moments team celebrate achievements and occasions or find ways to improve our working environment, via our Future of Work Group, PHD is an agency of collaborators and will bring so much more than expected to your experience of agency life.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we’re looking for will be a key figure in fostering interest and excitement for technology. You will be responsible for showcasing best practice to the director, executives, and wider digital team in all trafficking, tagging, reporting, troubleshooting and innovation. You’ll be responsible for showcasing best practice to the director, executives, and wider digital team in all trafficking, tagging, reporting, troubleshooting and innovation.
We take Inclusion seriously and provide adjustments for individuals throughout the recruitment process, so you can be at your best.
Please discuss any specific adjustments with your Talent Attraction team member or if you would feel more comfortable, please reach out to [email protected] and let us know (confidentially) how we can be of help.
Knowledge and experience required
- Ability to induct clients into PHD re what we do in social advertising, digital planning and explain other departments
- Ability to understand clients’ business to drive conversations with senior clients and media owners/suppliers to deliver our commercial agenda
- Be able to confidently take a front-of-house role in new business pitches, and work productively both with pitch and marketing teams
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills to clients
- Anticipate the needs of the team and makes arrangements accordingly
- Be proactive on accounts to ensure we are challenging clients and are ahead of the game in social.
- Ability to influence clients through all verbal and written communication
Personal attributes required:
- Demonstrate a curious and positive attitude
- Be approachable and supportive to all you work with
- Possess a passion for problem solving; have an eye for detail, patience, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years 3rd Party Ad Serving experience, Google CM knowledge and use of the interface is essential.
- Knowledge of Analytics and Ad Verification is preferred
- Tag Management Implementation and QA is essential
- DCO Strategy and Implementation
What else do I need to know?
We have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients’ businesses.
If this role sounds up your street apply direct via our OMG Careers website and find out about even more benefits of joining our award winning team.