Media Associate Director
Reporting directly into our business director, you will be responsible for running some of our most significant award-winning campaigns across some of PHD’s long standing brands such as Hey Car and Admiral. You will work alongside our Media Planner and Media Assistant, with further daily contact with our dedicated digital team and investment hub. You will use your marketplace and media knowledge to execute innovative solutions across campaigns whilst also acting in a senior client-facing role.
This is a perfect opportunity to become a strong leader. Recent changes in the worlds of finance and autos means that this is an exciting time to be exploring how advertising can be used to make a difference for both brands, and involves partnering with the respective clients, creative agencies and wider digital and partnerships teams to create effective campaigns that deliver stand out as well as positive commercial results.
You will also given the chance to spot growth opportunities for additional PHD services outside of planning including content, partnerships and Discovery to help drive revenue for the agency. You will also have a chance to upskill your own expertise via multiple training opportunities like our newly launched Digital Academy training platform.
Sitting within a supportive team who will have your back, you will get to work collaboratively with each other as well as teams across the business, such as digital and investment to spot more opportunities for both personal and business growth.
There are also many opportunities to engage with more people across the agency outside of your work remit by getting involved with our agency experience team. Whether you want to run your own social club, be part of our D&I change, help our moments team celebrate achievements and occasions or find ways to improve our working environment, via our Future of Work Group, PHD is an agency of collaborators and will bring more than expected to your experience of agency life.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we’re looking for will be looking to move into a high-performing team, working across multiple workstreams and getting an opportunity to deliver a broad mix of exciting media campaigns. You’ll be able to develop relationships with key suppliers and partners to help improve overall service levels.
You will have excellent organizational skills and the ability to process and effectively manage lots of different priorities. This role demands brilliant client management and a genuine passion for the work that you do.
We take Inclusion seriously and provide adjustments for individuals throughout the recruitment process, so you can be at your best.
Please discuss any specific adjustments with your Talent Attraction team member or if you would feel more comfortable, please reach out to [email protected] and let us know (confidentially) how we can be of help.
Knowledge and experience required
- Ability to write and support strategic recommendations that are underpinned by insight
- Ability to build a strong professional relationship with colleagues, cross-agency team and clients
- Recognising the importance of being authentic at work, taking responsibility for actions of yourself and the team
- Anticipate the needs of the team and makes arrangements accordingly
- Be proactive on accounts to ensure we are challenging clients and we’re ahead of the game in media planning and buying.
- Deliver work that others can’t (or won’t) by not stopping at the first “It can’t be done”
Personal attributes required:
- Demonstrate a curious and positive attitude
- Be approachable and supportive to team
- Be able to coach and nurture your team, deliver a positive experience, spot and develop talent
- Encourage regular feedback within the team both positive and constructive
- Demonstrate effective and organised delegation
- Be responsible for the training and development of the core team within your remit
What else do I need to know?
DE&I at OMG
We have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients’ businesses.
If this role sounds up your street apply direct via our OMG Careers website and find out about even more benefits of joining our award winning team.