Modern Slavery Statement
Omnicom Media Group Europe Limited Statement on the Modern Slavery Act – September 2019
This statement, which has been approved by the Board of Omnicom Media Group Europe Limited, is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our modern slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 December 2018.
This statement is made on behalf of Omnicom Media Group Europe Limited, and each of its subsidiaries listed at the end of this statement, (together “we”, “our”, “us”).
We foster a culture of collaboration and focus on investing in our people, protecting the environment and giving back to the communities in which we operate. We have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery and are committed to establishing effective systems and controls to safeguard against any form of modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chain.
We are leading media services companies and our portfolios provide the best talent, creativity, technology and innovation to some of the world’s most iconic and successful brands. We always strive to work to the highest professional standards and comply with all laws, regulations and rules relevant to our business.
Our Supply Chain
Our key suppliers are media owners, media suppliers, research companies, technology service providers and software service providers. Modern forms of slavery and human trafficking are not prevalent in the industries in which these suppliers operate. We expect the same high standards as those to which we hold ourselves from those businesses with which we work.
We believe the nature of our work, our supply chains and their industries to be low risk in terms of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our corporate responsibility strategy, codified in the Omnicom Group Code of Business Conduct, aims to improve the impact of our business on society and we are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our supply chains or in any part of our business.
Our Supplier Code of Conduct reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains. A copy of our Supplier Code of Conduct can be supplied upon request.
Our steps to implement our Supplier Code of Conduct are ongoing and since the date of our last Modern Slavery Act statement (in September 2018) our actions and findings have been as follows:
1. We have continued to update existing websites so that they contain the latest copy of our Modern Slavery Act statement and Supplier Code of Conduct;
2. We have continued to communicate our Supplier Code of Conduct to our suppliers;
3. We are continuing with our endeavour to negotiate express warranties and indemnities in our contracts with new suppliers regarding compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and our Supplier Code of Conduct;
4. We have again identified that modern slavery and human trafficking are not prevalent in the industries of our key suppliers, and that our suppliers are not located in markets where there is a high risk and level of exposure to modern slavery and human trafficking;
5. Although arranging training for our staff does not appear relevant (please see point 4 above), due to our zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery, we feel that our staff would still benefit from having a clear understanding of (and ability to identify) forms of modern slavery and human trafficking, as well as how to combat them. We are therefore working to identify a third party to provide suitable training and guidance; and
6. We have requested suppliers complete a due diligence questionnaire to monitor their compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct.
We continue to review our policies and processes in an effort to go beyond basic social and environmental regulations, to ensure the highest standards in our supply chain (as expected by our customers and the companies with which we work) and to ensure that no form of forced labour or slavery is present in our business or our supply chain.
This statement constitutes the modern slavery and human trafficking statement for Omnicom Media Group Europe Limited and the following subsidiaries:
1. Drum Limited
2. Hearts and Science Limited
3. Mobile5 Media Limited
4. OMD EMEA Limited
5. OMD Group Limited
6. OMG UK Limited
7. PHD International Limited
8. PHD Media Limited
9. Adylic Limited
CFO and Director
For and on behalf of Omnicom Media Group Europe Limited and the subsidiaries listed above