PHD International’s media planner Shona Read looks at what has been inspiring people this week;
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- How do we save the world? – From the pale blue dot to Atlas, how do we act as one in a state of crisis?
- TED talk of the week – Researcher Patti Maes and one of her pupils display how an innovative and cost effective prototype of the Sixth Sense could change our daily functioning
- What Do We Do With All This Big Data – Susan Etlinger, a data analyst, questions the ethics behind the way data is used to tell a story and how we are storytellers can be more effective in the stories we tell using data, brought to you by TED
- What do you see when you look up? – By looking at a time-lapse of air-traffic, we can see our skies from a different perspective
- Desert Island podcast of the week – This week’s castaway is singer-songwriter Lily Allen – her thoughts on writing with honesty and integrity… “or else what’s the point?”
- TED podcast of the week – Quiet – How do we quieten our busy lives? Time for introspection and cloud-watching.
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- 16 Tips for Getting 90% of Your Work Done In The Morning – We could all use some tips on how to be more efficient, here’s 16 of them.
- Know Your Superpower To Reaching Your Creative Goals – In order to be successful you need to know what you’re awesome at and how you can deliver that talent to the masses
- Robotic trucks? – The Australian mining community has developed a creative solution for the job that nobody wants
- 5 Creativity myths you probably believe – There is no set formula or stereotype for the creative mind, anyone can be creative
- The world’s best billboard? – They have become their own tourist attractions (Times Square, Piccadilly Circus), but which is the best site in the world?
In-space Manufacturing: This week saw the ISS make history with the first object to be 3D printed in space – the implications for furthering space exploration are extremely promising. (see main picture)