PHD International’s media planner Shona Read looks at what has been inspiring people this week;
“Each of us is different: expect it, respect it, accept it.” – Bev James
- TED: Creative problem-solving in the face of extreme limits – Pioneered by entrepreneurs in emerging markets who figured out how to get spectacular value from limited resources, the practice has now caught on globally.
- Rising above the online hate – What would you do if the top google result for your name is an article about people hating you?
- Man from Cannes – The presentation by Philip Thomas, CEO of Cannes, on why creativity matters
- Desert Island: Dame Nancy Rothwell – Best known for her work in the field of neuroscience and stroke research, she is now President and Vice-Chancellor of Manchester University.
- TED: Misconceptions – How do you move beyond conventional wisdom and reveal complex realities about what we think we know to be true?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- What makes you you? – From your favourite cartoonist at waitbutwhy
- Back to the future – Nike is set to release the self-lacing shoes of our dreams!
- Wanderlust? – The ultimate guide to traveling for less
- 7 ways to be more creative – Passion + Intention + Balance
Artists React: “Je suis Charlie” responses to the attack on Charlie Hebdo (See main picture)