PHD International’s media planner Shona Read looks at what has been inspiring people this week;
“Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so” – David Brooks
- TED talk of the week – How to let altruism be your guide – Put simply, it is the wish that other people may be happy
- Perhaps a better gift for your child than an iPad – A 5yr old covers a famous DJ to perfection. Does this fuel the argument that anyone can now be a DJ?
- Eat the Art – Ever looked at a painting and wondered what the food might taste like?
- When everything goes wrong – How do you turn a disastrous photo-shoot into a successful campaign?
- Desert Island podcast of the week – This week’s castaway is Julia Cleverdon – She has perfected the art of persuasion. A phone call from her and many of the big beasts of the business world stride from their boardrooms intent on giving something back to society
- TED podcast of the week – Brand over brain – Brands help us assign value to almost everything we buy. But is there a way to know the difference between real and created value?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- The friends on your life mountain – Wait but why’s list of the people you have in your life
- 9 Hobbies anyone can master in 2015 – Perhaps something to try this year and stick with
- The power of positivity – How positive thoughts build skills, boost health and improve work
Astrophotos: The most aw-inspiring astrophotos of 2014 (See main picture)