PHD International’s media planner Shona Read looks at what has been inspiring people this week;
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there”- Lewis Carroll
- TED talk of the week – The danger of hiding who you are – A brave talk from Morgana Bailey
- The New Space Race: Google LUNAR challenge – An exciting competition available to anyone that’s inspired enough to explore the moon
- A letter from Kid President – What the future will be like? Well if you change a little, then you’ll change a lot
- Desert Island podcast of the week – This week’s castaway is Prof. Peter Piot – A celebrated microbiologist and virus/disease researcher; Piot has worked for WHO the UN and is responsible for putting AIDS on the political agenda
- TED podcast of the week – Keeping secrets – Do they do more harm than good? And what good does it do when we keep vs. share?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Innovation = borrowing something old and making it new – Whether you’re being copied or looking to others for inspirations, imitation and innovation go hand-in-hand
- You can now unboil an egg – because SCIENCE!
- Thought provoking books from your favourite TED speakers – Cold weather, warm drinks = perfect time for a good book (or 52)
- Can tech bring your family closer together? – Technology is often accused of driving us apart, but it might be doing the opposite
The power of context: This week, something a little lighthearted, with 14 ad placements that changed the meaning of the ad completely (See main picture)