“Winners turn setbacks into comebacks”- Willie Jolley
- TED talk of the week – How the Internet has made social change easy to organise, hard to win – A talk from Zeynep Tufekci
- What it’s like to see sound – A lucky group of people see colour when exposed to stimuli, most commonly sounds, and this is what it looks like to have Synesthesia
- Discover how the Earth works – The science book for playful people. This makes me wish all my school textbooks were on a tablet
- TED podcast of the week – What we fear – What it means to be afraid, and should we be afraid of things? What if we could be fearless?
- The triumph of human integrity – How do you fight the controls of the system and get banned music into the Soviet Union?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Want to be happy? – The secret to happiness
- Year 2020 – I hope you don’t like chocolate. Find out what else is predicted to disappear by the year 2020
- Read the next big thriller – There is now a self-destructing book to make your crime thriller that much more exciting, see how people are doing in the race against time
How to win at life: Where do you rank in comparison to the rest of the world when it comes to your quality of life? (See main picture)