“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried” – Stephen McCranie
- TED talk of the week – How to speak so that people want to listen – A talk from Julian Treasure
- The magic of dreaming big – The aphorism tells us that “life is what happens when you’re busy making plans.” So building the life that stays on track requires a specific goal that can act as your north star.
- Remember your first kiss? – These four grandmothers recount their experiences
- TED podcast of the week – 7 Deadly Sins – Does wrath spread the same way as an epidemic? Can you cure sloths with greed? Should lust be seen as deadly? Would we have literature without envy?
- Astonishing Science of 2014 – What were the biggest game-changing moments for science (and humanity) in 2014
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- The AI Revolution – The road to superintelligence from our favourite comic at Wait But Why?
- Fifty Shades of Retail – Could the upcoming cinematic release put sex toys on mainstream retailers’ shelves?
- Nat Geo Kids – Some of the best photos this year have come from kids 14 and under
Need a cuddle OR a tea? – If you head out to the McVities Cuddle Cafe you could get a tea for a cuddle! In the name of market research I’ve checked this out and the photo featured is from today – delish tea!