PHD International’s media planner Shona Read looks at the latest mix of interesting people, amazing stories and inspiring thoughts to get the brains ticking over:
“Stand for something or you’ll fall for anything” – A key take out from Omniwomen 2015
- TED talk of the week – Power of believing you can improve – The growth mindset is so powerful, more has been written about it here
- Brother Orange – How one man’s stolen phone, mobilized China. He will be meeting Brother Orange on March 18
- #WorldsToughestJob – Unlimited hours. No breaks. Go thank your mum right now!
- TED podcast of the week – Solve for X – For the math geeks out there, and those not that interested. Can math lead to interesting insights and results?
- Desert Island Castaway of the Week – Julia Samuel – Psychotherapist and Paediatrics specialists, an interesting look at dealing with some of the most difficult problems
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- 7 Habits of Optimistic People – Optimists don’t just see the glass as half full, they make more money and enjoy greater health benefits
- Legography – For Lego or photography lovers this stunning set of pictures almost makes you forget you’re looking at a plastic toy
- Mind the Language Gap – A map that perfectly illustrates the diversity in London
- The Algorithm for Beauty – Could machines be trained to tell the difference between a beautiful portrait photo and a not-so-pleasing one?
Not There Yet – In case you missed the theme this week, Sunday was International Women’s Day and it prompted a rather powerful and very clever campaign in New York.