PHD International’s media planner, Shona Read, provides this week’s mix of interesting people, amazing stories and inspiring thoughts;
- TED talk of the week – Why we laugh – Did you know you’re 30 times more likely to laugh if you’re with someone else than if you’re alone?
- 4 Things you wish you’d known – Strategist, Georgia Craib, talks about her role at eatbigfish
- Science is beautiful – but the way you present things can have a drastic effect on how people perceive things… and infographics are not necessarily a new phenomenon
- TED podcast of the week – Champions – From playing sports in school to the Olympics, athletic mastery plays a major role in our sense of achievement.
- Freakonomics of the Week – Who runs the Internet? – Could the mayhem we unleash online reduce the mayhem we see in real life? Is net neutrality really that important?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Why people misunderstand each other – It all comes down to system one and system two thinking
- How to be insanely more productive – Da Vinci took multiple naps a day. Warren Buffet regularly says ‘no’. Have ‘do nothing’ time.
- You are not your job – From one entrepreneurs struggle with failure and identity