This story was first published on Ad World Ireland.
PHD Ireland has won Agency of the Year at the annual Media Awards which were held in Dublin last night.
The Omnicom-owned agency, which is headed up by Jason Nebenzahl, saw off a shortlist that included all the main media agencies in adland.
During the evening, PHD Ireland also picked up a gold award for work with The Natural Confectionary Company; The Start of a Beautiful Sponsorship in Best of Use of Sponsorship/ Product place, while it also won two silver and three bronze awards in the following:
- Silver – Best Use of Interactive/Digital – Cadbury Dairy Milk; The Ad That Nearly Broke The Internet
- Silver – Best Collaboration between agency and media owner, broadcast – Dublin Airport Authority; PHD, TV3 and The Loop Bringing You Right Into The Shop Floor
- Bronze – Best Use of Interactive/Digital – Fáilte Ireland; #ThisisLiving
- Bronze – Best Use of Media, medium/large category – Fáilte Ireland; #ThisisLiving
- Bronze – Best Collaboration between agency and media owner, digital/online – Cadbury Dairy Milk; Bring Dunphy and Giles to the People
According to the judges, “this was a very difficult decision. The winning agency is a young agency, only 7 years old with 19 recent local wins under its belt. The agency has clearly demonstrated excellent management and guidance from senior management while an exciting and successful culture also played a significant role in developing the business. The agency has also deployed innovative tools that have helped clients to make good decisions and it has an excellent client retention and pitch record.”
Click here for the story.