Who we’re looking for:
A solution-seeker who always looks on the bright side, and is willing to jump over obstacles to get the work from good to great. Highly skilled in their craft and courageous in their approach. A battle buddy who’s always got our back. An avid listener who isn’t afraid to share their opinion to help our work progress; they know there’s no ‘i’ in team. At PHD, we value our culture above anything else, and that culture is built on the spirit of our people. We’re looking for tireless optimists, happy warriors, and fearless collaborators who bring that extra dose of contagious energy. If you’re looking for some of the same, PHD might be for you.
A week in the life of an Associate Media Director:
You will lead a group of rock stars. You’ll bring out their best and coach them to higher levels of performance. You’ll be involved in the day-to-day work of the team, but will be focused on advising senior clients on how to think about the role of their brands in culture. You’ll stay one step ahead of the marketplace to bring the most intuitive, progressive and business-driving plans to your client every day. You’ll infuse your strategic expertise into the team from day one. You’ll champion of PHD tools and approaches. Reporting to the Director or Group Account Director, you’ll be accountable for:
- Media Planning: Infuse every plan with thoughtful, data-driven strategies that lead to creative, yet useful, media activations. Familiarity with market research and media applications are crucial. Measure and routinely optimize campaigns for ultimate performance.
- Team Management: grow your team. Be a coach and mentor – seeing them through to promotion and/or new opportunities in the agency family. Grow their presentation skills, detail-orientation, technical skills, leadership and critical thinking. Shape and live the PHD culture.
- Client Management: build and maintain an effective working relationship with key business leaders to continuously grow the account. Provide a unique point of view to help clients interpret the best way to test and scale new approaches and identify opportunities to grow their business
- Cross Team Alignment: work across multiple teams internally – marketing sciences, investment and buying as well as HR and marketing – and externally to articulate advanced media concepts and buying strategies across multiple platforms.
You’ll make an impact by:
Motivating and inspiring those around you. Building a high-performing team. Developing exceptional media strategies based on astute insights. Identifying and overseeing the submission of award-winning campaigns. Staying ahead of industry trends to inform and inspire media strategies.
Who you’ll partner with:
Reporting to the Director or Group Account Director, you’ll work with business leaders, brand managers and external partners to develop award-winning media plans. You’ll coach and mentor your team to prepare them for new career opportunities within the agency family.
What you can expect:
The chance to grow the agency and yourself.
Freedom to collaborate with over 4,000 colleagues in 80+ offices worldwide.
A place that cares about your personal passions just as much as your work.
Job Type: Full-Time
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of media planning experience; integrated experience and bachelor’s degree desired
- Experience in managing and leading a team, to delegate and manage the workloads of others
- Knowledge of buying and ad serving applications
- Ability to work with and lead conversations with partner agencies and media partners
- Knack for linking business goals with strategic executions, critical and strategic thinking
- Effective communication and presentation skills, and a flair for storytelling
- Business acumen – a basic understanding of how client and agency businesses grow
To apply visit https://omg.taleo.net/careersection/phd_externaljobs/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=14100120188