What’s happened this week:
- Facebook will begin testing a ‘dislike’ button to be used to express empathy, rather than hate
- Newscorp acquired digital tech company Unruly
- Could Apple patents stop Samsung selling phones?
What we have learned:
- Snapchat drives 21% of Buzzfeed’s total content views, according to their own data
- Pinterest just passed 100m monthly active users
- Why last-click data tells a fraction of the mobile attribution story, from Applsflyer
- Burberry are previewing their latest designs on Snapchat ahead of London Fashion Week
- Gatorade use 360* video to play baseball with Bryce Harper
- Marriott Vroom Experience – order a VR tour to your hotel suite so you never need to leave the room!
Where to find more:
- Interesting ways to create synergy between search and social from MarketingLand
- Facebook and YouTube as video platforms – are we comparing apples with oranges?
- Facebook’s M, Google Now, Siri, Cortana – how do the new wave of digital assistants predict what you want?