Welcome back to This Week in Digital. This week sees Google celebrating its 20th anniversary and looking back on how it reshaped the world in the last two decades. Meanwhile, Adobe looks forward to a very near future where one-in-two people will have a smart speaker.
See below for the wider latest and greatest from the world of digital…
- As the podcast resurgence continues, Twitter launches audio-only broadcasting.
- Instagram is to produce a standalone shopping app.
- Amazon is unifying its advertising offering – here’s an insight into where they are focusing future attentions.
- Argos launched ‘Voice Shopping’ with Google Home.
- Take a look at a 101 of Instagram in visual and factual form.
- Sleep tech, an emerging self-data sector, is booming.
- Attention rates do align with consumer spending, but how accurate is the self-reporting behind the stats?
- Addicted to love? Bumble offers snooze feature to promote healthy digital media consumption.
- Google can categorically prove that we’re all works of art (or were once, at least).
- You can call BMW whatever you want to its personal voice assistant.