This week’s roundup of digital news is for the analytics fanatics – Spotify, Snapchat and Google have launched new metric platforms or platform improvements for you to pour over. Something else to ponder: did electric cars kill the radio star?
- Music publishers can now access streaming performance results from Spotify’s new analytics platform.
- Facebook have launched their Portal video chat, but are people willing to bring a Facebook-connected mic and camera into their home?
- Snapchat announced third-party measurement for Discover as it integrates with Comscore.
- A study reveals more people use Netflix than TV as the primary route to watching their favourite shows.
- Shoppers who traditionally shop at mid-market brands switch to luxury brands during Christmas.
- Brands should address voice search, as it’s estimated that by 2020 at least 50% of all searches will be voice oriented.
- Google has brought out new ad position metrics which provide a better idea of where ads will appear on search results.
- In a country where the news is heavily censored, China introduced their first ever AI news anchor.
- Restaurants that give people food poisoning could soon be named and shamed, as Google brings out a new model that cross-references food poisoning search terms with location history.
- Digital technology is revolutionising how the energy industry operates.