Welcome to This Week in Digital post-2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It’s projected that the UK’s weekend sales will splurge over £7 billion – we’re all looking forward to the post room chaos that will take place this week as the office fills up with parcels.
- YouTube is introducing two skippable ads back-to-back called ‘ad pods’.
- LinkedIn is testing Snapchat stories-style format called ‘student voices’.
- Snapchat have released a new shopping channel, allowing consumers to make a purchase without leaving the app.
- UK shoppers are choosing mobile over going in-store to find Black Friday deals.
- Here are six ways YouTube is making Christmas more ‘Christmassy’.
- What you need to know about TikTok, the Chinese social network sensation taking the world by storm.
- Twitter placed the real John Lewis at the heart of their festive campaign.
- Google helped boost the high street by partnering with a start-up called Near St to help consumers see what is available in their local shops via the web.
- Instagram is currently testing different ways for how profiles look on the platform, for both business and personal users.