The Christmas lights are flashing, Twitter has voted on the ‘best Christmas song’ and Santa is almost here with the presents. So here’s 12 well-wrapped, informative gifts from us to you.
Included this week are some robotic journalists, industry predictions for 2018 and Instagram’s new hashtag capabilities.
- Facebook is clamping down on posts that ask people for Likes or shares
- Twitter makes it easy for users to create Threads made up of related thoughts. Ralf Little will be happy
- Instagram now lets you follow hashtags
- 5 things we learned about influencer marketing this year
- New Facebook study highlights effectiveness of mobile video techniques
- 89% of Indian auto sales are now digitally influenced
- The Grand Tour returns for season 2 with rally cars powered by tweets
- As UK news brands begin publishing articles written by robots, is this the end for journalists?
- Google Maps will soon tell you when it’s time to get off your train or bus
- Industry predictions for 2018, by Forresters
- How advertising can power growth beyond Brexit
- As Bitcoin’s value soars, what is next for the digital currency?
And finally, as we look back across 2017, here are the Top 5 articles that you have chosen to view this year. Clearly you’re a data and insight-hungry bunch.
- UK FMCG report
- Market report for the UK Retail-Beauty sector
- OMD’s ‘Retail Revolution: The Possibilities, Potentials & Pitfalls of Implementing AI’
- 5 tech trends that will change the world in 2017
- Facebook Messenger begins testing ads