What’s happened this week:
- O2 have partnered with All4 (replacing 4OD) which will see ten of Channel 4’s top series premiered to O2 Priority customers 48 hours early
- Instagram launched Layout which allows you to create and share collages from your photos
- Twitter is partnering with Foursquare to power their location data, whilst they also officially launched Periscope, their live-streaming video app
What we have learned:
- Global mobile ad-spend is due to overtake desktop by the end of 2015, according to Marin
- Twitter will surpass Yahoo in digital display ad revenues for the first time in 2015according to eMarketer’s latest forecasts
- Google have released insights from the first year of YouTube Preferred, which indicates it’s drives high brand recall and awareness
- Facebook introduce 360* video in news feed
- Adidas used Twitter’s Periscope to live-stream the signing ofReal Madrid’s James Rodríguez
- Medea Vodka has a mobile app that uses beacons to assign personalized messages to LED strips on bottles
Where to find more:
- Everything you needed to know about Facebook’s F8 conference
- Speaking of Facebook, is their plan to become The Matrix?
- Google will be changing its algorithm on April 21st to favour mobile optimised sites – are you ready?