What’s happened this week:
- Linkedin acquired Linda, an online education company
- YouTube will launch a subscription based, ad-free model in 2015
- Spotify’s latest round of funding values the company at $8bn
What we have learned:
- Estimated 1m pre-orders for the Apple watch in the US alone on the first day of release, according to Slice Intelligence
- One third of online shoppers would be willing to opt for delivery by drones, according to eDigitalResearch
- Facebook is still cool with teens – 71% still use the platform regularly, according to Pew research
- Move over Apple Watch – meet the Netflix Watch
- Snickers have got YouTube stars to show they’re not themselves when they’re hungry with this multi-territory content integration
- Staying with snacks, Biskrem, a biscuit brand in Turkey, have a cool interactive Instagram-based adventure game
Where to find more:
- Digiday asks (and helpfully answers) WTF is native advertising?
- Is social messaging service Kik the next big distribution platform for publishers?
- Will AI destroy us or delight us?