We are kicking off This Week in Digital with a neat summary of MWC 2019. (Stay tuned for our take.) Once you have digested, see below for the latest and greatest digital and tech news outside of the mobile congress…
- ‘Britbox’ is here. What is it? A joint venture from ITV and BBC that is vying to take on Netflix.
- Tik Tok have released a series of brand safety videos to educate its users.
- Medium announced it’s removing its paywall, but only for those users who visit via Twitter.
- YouTube has disabled comments on any video involving children.
- It’s official – Gen Z is the most anxious generation yet.
- Why in-app viewability is difficult to measure (and a plague to insights).
- The benefits of no ads: why Channel 4’s All 4 has launched with an ad-free platform.
- Here’s how KFC re-invented the drive-thru (sort of).
- And they’ve reinvented Colonel Sanders, too.
- Facebook has added the invite feature into its Stories format.
- Are we all missing a targeting trick when it comes to dating (and data) apps?
- Read about Facebook’s subtle but significant move into cryptocurrency.
- The Momo Challenge: attempting to unpick the fake news and disinformation culture.