OFCOM’s recently released Media Nation report shows that 50% of UK homes subscribe to a TV streaming service. As the user bases continue to grow globally, the ‘streaming wars’ get more intense, signified by Disney finally releasing a teaser trailer for its Disney+ service and Facebook getting in on the streaming action by trialing its own subscription service.
- Verizon has sold Tumblr to WordPress’ parent company for a fraction of the price they paid.
- Facebook is launching a News tab and is looking for trusted media providers.
- Google is surfacing podcasts in natural search and has also added new features to Maps.
- You can now subscribe to thread replies on Twitter.
- There are now 13.3 million subscribers to streaming services (47% of the UK), this and more in the OFCOM Media Nations report 2019.
- A look at Chipotle’s TikTok strategy and how it’s paying off.
- Facebook is losing its share of younger internet users, but they are migrating to Facebook-owned Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Bacardi has ‘hacked’ YouTube to create an addictive remix experience, Beat Machine.
- Chinese vertical dramas could signal the future of mobile video/TV shows.
- Google used hip-hop dancers and 360-degree photos embedded into Street View to show off the Gare de Lyon on its 170th anniversary.