Last week saw the celebration of Chinese New Year (we’re now in the Year of the Pig) and social conversation shows how much the event has truly become a global phenomenon. The pig emoji has never seen so much action. 🐷
- Twitter has announced its first full year of profit, with much of the success being put down to the growth of video ad revenue.
- From February 28th users on Facebook will be able to see who uploaded their data for ad targeting.
- Spotify could terminate the accounts of listeners using ad blockers.
- Dating sites – most recently OkCupid – continue to be a target for hackers looking to steal personal information.
- 70% of UK streaming video users are weekly Netflix users, a new report by Ebiquity suggests.
- 84% of Fortune 500 and Inc. 500 CEOs agree that being active on social media is essential for business success.
- Sysomos has pulled together its social media predictions for 2019.
- Burger King went on a Twitter liking spree of tweets from eight years ago.
- Facebook has teamed up with ODEON to allow users the ability to buy cinema tickets within the platform.
- Marvel Studios has taken the internet back to the ’90s to promote the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
- Big smiley face. Here are the 230 new emojis due in 2019.