The societal impact of social media is once again in focus in the wake of the Cairncross Review, a report on the UK news industry providing regulators with recommendations for the future. Facebook’s user policies continue to be questioned, as UK MPs set their sights on regulation of the platform; while Twitter makes strides to increase trust and combat misinformation with functionality to clarify your opinions.
- Twitter is launching new camera capabilities, as well as building ‘Alerts’ for organisations.
- Facebook is penalising posts that include engagement bait, and is also launching a Brand Collaborations Manager in the U.K. and key European markets to connect brands with creators.
- Amazon launches Moments, a cost-per-action incentivisation scheme to help advertisers drive and reward loyalty.
- Familiarise yourself with these 51 YouTube statistics every marketer should know.
- Here are 10 ways that AI and Machine Learning can be used in omnichannel.
- Take a look at this wrap-up of all of the key Facebook page publisher statistics from across 2018.
- LEGO have partnered with Snapchat to launch their new clothing range, creating a store with no clothes in it.
- This tool has been dubbed the ‘Marie Kondo’ for your Twitter feed, cleaning up your timeline.
- McDonald’s pokes fun at high-end fashion with this cheeky post.
- How did Facebook teach Portal to think like a Hollywood director?
- Not-for-profit research company OpenAI has developed a text generator so good that it’s withholding a release, through fear of potential misuse.
- Closing the gap between hype and reality for Retail AI.