Social media was abuzz this week, with memes of a plastic coffee cup in Game of Thrones and photos of celebrities arriving at the Met Gala ball in spectacular fashion.
- The UK ad market will grow by 5.5% by 2020, with WARC predicting the biggest rise from video-on-demand.
- Instagram is testing functionality which hides like counts, as a means of reducing pressure on users.
- The fact-checking companies Facebook employs have begun to root out fake photos and memes across Instagram.
- Facebook launched tools to help small businesses.
- Facebook announced a massive redesign across mobile and app, and brought out a new feature which allows you to secretly like a crush among your friends.
- The industry is winning in the fight against bots, as reports show ad fraud is down.
- According to parent company Microsoft, engagement rates across LinkedIn have increased significantly.
- Adidas has seen online sales increase after focusing on Instagram.
- Vice tackled the issue of teenage suicide across a popular YouTube channel.
- Tinder is connecting users over their love of music as it brings out ‘festival’ mode.
- Facial recognition is helping owners buy dogs their favourite products.