Welcome to This Week in Digital – a week in which Twitter banned all political advertising, Facebook launched its new logo, and YouTube is paying celebrities to start TV channels.
- Twitter announces (via a Twitter thread) that it will cease to accept political advertising.
- The US treasury is investigating the owners of TikTok.
- Facebook accepts Cambridge Analytica fine, while a fresh legal case is being levelled against them regarding ad targeting bias.
- On a lighter note, Facebook has launched its new company logo.
- Finally, Pinterest has introduced a new pin format.
- Publishers are being asked to create content, product guides and reviews on Amazon.
- Facebook has updated its Messenger Graph API to make it easier for direct-to-consumer communication
- Digital Ad Spend increases despite increased political uncertainty.
- Didn’t have time to dress up for Halloween? Pretend you did with this 3D paint feature on Snapchat.
- Here’s ow Heinz embraced its gory role in Halloween party fare.
- Giphy’s new micro-game format may be the best way to spend your digital downtime.