Welcome to This Week in Digital: a week that has seen a landmark surpassed, as Alphabet, Google’s parent company, tops a US$1 trillion dollar valuation.
- Instagram is dropping the IGTV button from within the Instagram app.
- Google’s Sundar Pichai calls for AI regulation.
- Pinterest looks to cultivate a positive user experience as it expands its ‘wellness’ programme.
- LinkedIn rolls out a host of new features including invite to follow, LinkedIn Live and page administrator updates from either their pages or their profiles.
- Cristiano Ronaldo earns more from Instagram than football.
- Staying with football, Liverpool FC is employing data science to win.
- Could anonymously walking down the street be a thing of the past?
- TikTok had 700 million downloads in 2019, beating Facebook and Facebook Messenger.
- Spotify is now the largest single podcast platform.
- TikTok and Fortnite team up to find the next victory dance in #EmoteRoyaleContest.
- Did AI successfully solve a riddle of Alcatraz escapees?
- Sainbury’s trolls Beyoncé over similarities between new sports collection and their uniform.
- Creme egg and spaghetti, anyone? Watch Cadbury’s surreal live stream.