Reporting directly into the Media Director, this media planning role will manage the day-day running of exciting client accounts such as Sky Bet as well as plan and support the implementation of media campaigns across a varied mix of channels. Part of your remit will include collaborating with our buying teams, other specialist divisions within the Group as well as liaising with advertising agencies and creative teams.
This is a perfect opportunity to learn from some of the best minds in media. Working with our experienced friendly, and supportive team in Manchester, you’ll also get the chance to work alongside PHDers across the globe via our planning platform Omni which links all 5000+ employees across the PHD Global Network. By keeping abreast of developments in media, we will ensure you are constantly challenged and inspired in this new and exciting role.
You will be gain the chance to learn new skills and we’ll train you to spot growth opportunities for you clients as well as additional PHD services outside of planning. You will learn how to drive revenue for the agency as well as upskill your own expertise in all areas including digital with the likes our newly launched Digital Academy training platform.
Sitting within the supportive client planning team, you will get to work collaboratively with each other as well as other teams within the business including strategy, investment, and insight in order to spot more opportunities for both personal and business growth.
There also many opportunities to engage with more people across the UK agency group, outside of your work remit, by getting involved with our agency experience team. Whether you want to run your own social club, be part of our DE&I change, help our moments team celebrate achievements and occasions or find ways to improve our working environment, via our Future of Work Group, PHD is an agency of collaborators and will bring more than expected to your experience of agency life.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we’re looking for will be a key figure in fostering interest and excitement for planning campaigns. You’ll be able to develop relationships with key media partners and platforms to help improve overall service levels for our clients.
You will have a clear understanding of the media landscape and the role for channels within it. We are ideally looking for candidates who have 1+ years’ relevant experience from across any specialisms within planning, buying or comms strategy. It will be a plus if you have experience in AV – but not essential.
We take Inclusion seriously and provide adjustments for individuals throughout the recruitment process, so you can be at your best.
Please discuss any specific adjustments with your Talent Attraction team member or if you would feel more comfortable, please reach out to email@example.com and let us know (confidentially) how we can be of help.
Knowledge and experience required
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally with investment teams to ensure deadlines are delivered for the work required
- Ability to understand clients’ business to drive conversations with senior clients and media owners/suppliers to deliver our commercial agenda
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills to clients
- Anticipate the needs of the wider team and makes arrangements accordingly
- Be proactive on accounts to ensure we are challenging clients and are ahead of the game in media planning.
- Ability to influence clients through all verbal and written communication
Personal attributes required:
- Demonstrate a curious and positive attitude
- Be approachable and supportive to all you work with
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Encourage regular feedback within the team both positive and constructive
- The want to work across many different areas of the business and the will to learn so much more.
What else do I need to know?
DE&I at OMG
We have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients’ businesses.
If this role sounds up your street apply direct via our OMG Careers website and find out more about the benefits of joining our award-winning team.