In a week of footballing headlines, the Lionesses, England’s women’s national football team, stole the show with this awesome squad announcement. Elsewhere, the internet reacted to Snapchat’s new filters.
- A serious security vulnerability has been discovered in WhatsApp, allowing hackers to access the phone remotely and use the camera.
- Facebook has made changes to their video algorithm, prioritising content based on originality, viewer duration and loyalty.
- Spotify is testing an (artist) Stories feature and is apparently preparing to put podcasts on an equal footing with music
- A new Twitter update allows you to add gifs, photos and videos to retweets.
- Here are the highlights from the International Workshop on Emoji Understanding and Application Conference.
- Facebook’s push for Groups presents brands with new opportunities.
- What works well where? Content popularity on different social channels.
- Social media has been attributed for the rise in skincare sales.
- Instagram is testing song lyric stickers and, for some reason, are trialling it on that Rick Astley song.
- When Dalí said “If I die, I won’t completely die” – we’re not sure if this is quite what he meant: the Spanish surrealist recreated by Deep Fake.
- Tamagotchi are back!
- This chip, demoed at Jeff Bezos’ private tech conference, could be the future of AI.
- ‘Friend portability’ should be at the heart of any regulation of Facebook.
- Labels are seeking a bigger return from musical hit factory TikTok.
- Here’s a guide to making your social media presence as inclusive and accessible as possible.