PHD International’s media planner, Shona Read, provides this week’s mix of interesting people, amazing stories and inspiring thoughts;
“To a great mind, nothing is little” – Sherlock Holmes
- TED talk of the week – The real Daredevil – Daniel Kish has learned to “see” using a form of echolocation
- Best Man’s Speech – The best speech in the form of a six-minute medley
- Tracy Emin’s Bed – Art isn’t for looking at, it’s to feel something. The powerful process behind the new installation at the TATE
- TED podcast of the week – Why We Lie – We lie to each other and ourselves but is there a deeper reason to our dishonesty?
- Freakonomics podcast of the Week – This Idea Must Die – Are there some ideas floating around that are more destructive than if they weren’t around at all?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Open Strategy – A crowd-sourced library of interesting strategy documents, with the best being voted to the top
- Don’t overthink – What happens when you get locked in a car for thirteen hours? Wise words from Dave Trott
- Your smartphone – The most intimate relationship in your life
Tiny Art – Miniature worlds by Lorraine Loots (main picture)