PHD UK was one of the biggest winners at the prestigious Media Week Awards 2021, taking home six awards, including the coveted Grand Prix for their British Heart Foundation campaign.
The Media Week Awards 2021 returned as an in-person event for the first time since the pandemic with more than 850 guests at Grosvenor House, London. The awards celebrated the best campaigns, collaborations, agencies and teams over the past 12 months.
PHD UK’s winning campaigns showcased their work with The British Heart Foundation, Volkswagen, HSBC and Diageo. The British Heart Foundation’s ‘The ad break we never expected to be in’ campaign was PHD’s big winner of the night bringing home two Gold and the Grand Prix award for the most successful individual campaign of the year.
The British Heart Foundation had no plans to advertise during Euro 2020, but following the shocking collapse of Danish footballer, Christian Eriksen, their collaboration with PHD UK across an intense three days created and delivered a powerful contextual media moment that produced 58,000 more potential life-savers who could make a difference when the unexpected happens.
GOLD Awards winners:
- Media Idea – Under £250K for ‘The ad break we never expected to be in’ (The British Heart Foundation)
- Small Collaboration – Under £250K for ‘The ad break we never expected to be in’ (The British Heart Foundation)
- Media Idea – £250K to £1M for ‘VW ID.3 – Eating Pollution’ (Volkswagen)
SILVER Award winner:
- Media Idea – £250K to £1M for ‘Addressing the ‘No Fixed Address’ Problem’ (HSBC)
BRONZE Award winner:
- Media Idea – Over £1M for ‘#LOOKSLIKEGUINNESS (Diageo)
GRAND PRIX Media Week Awards 2021 winner:
- ‘The ad break we never expected to be in’ (The British Heart Foundation)
See the full list of Media Week Awards 2021 winners here.