In this week’s “Our Eye on AI”; discover how Microsoft is using AI to crack the cancer “code”, hear about the plans Amazon, Google, Facebook, IBM and Microsoft have as part of their new partnership, how IBM has created the first ever cognitive movie trailer, highlights from Google’s Pixel smartphone launch and how one lady “rebuilt” her best friend using AI after he passed away.
- Cancer is like a computer virus and can be ‘solved’ by cracking the code, according to Microsoft. The computer software company says its researchers are using artificial intelligence in a new healthcare initiative to target cancerous cells and eliminate the disease. Link
- Amazon, Google, Facebook, IBM and Microsoft have partnered to give people a better understanding of artificial intelligence. The Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society aims to come up with best practices on the challenges and opportunities with the technology. Link
- Scientists at IBM Research have collaborated with 20th Century Fox to create the first-ever cognitive movie trailer for the movie Morgan. Link
- Google has unveiled a slew of new hardware including two new own-brand smartphones, the smart speaker Google Home and the DayDream VR headset – but its artificially intelligent assistant took the spotlight at the Pixel smartphone launch. Link
- “Speak, Memory”, When her best friend died, Eugenia Kuyda rebuilt him using artificial intelligence. Link
Find out more about PHD’s latest publication “Sentience: The Coming AI Revolution and the Implications for Marketing” at phdmedia.com