PHD International’s media planner, Shona Read, provides this week’s mix of interesting people, amazing stories and inspiring thoughts;
“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory” Dr Suess
- TED talk of the week – Why we do what we do – The “invisible forces” that motivate everyone’s actions
- Rainworks – Pieces of street art that only appear when it rains… including hopscotch, making your rainy day a little brighter
- “What I Be” Project – Turning insecurities into positives and not being defined by a single aspect of your life – An amazing project by photographer Steve Rosenfield
- TED podcast of the week – What is original – When is copying flattery, thievery and sheer genius? Everything is a remix
- Freakonomics podcast of the Week – That’s a great question! – Is this a verbal tic, a strategic rejoinder, or something more?
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Where should you live? – Does personality decide where in the UK you decide to put down roots?
- Food to save the planet – Finding foods that can be used to solve the impending food crisis as our population continues to grow and there is pressure for more efficient farming
- Learning via playing – What Tetris can you teach you about the security facts on the new Euro notes
- Stop trying to be happy – Why pursuing happiness just pushes it further away from you and how to get around this problem
Hang 10 – Pods of bottlenose dolphins surfing the waves off Western Australia (main picture)