Each week a member of PHD International’s London office, will share a round-up of inspiring videos, podcasts and interesting stories or speeches. This week, media planner Shona Read looks at what has been inspiring people.
“A blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a newspaper’s financial pages could select a portfolio that would do as well as one carefully selected by experts” – This has been tried, with simulated monkeys, and they beat the market. -Burton Malkiel
- How great leaders inspire action – One of the most popular TED talks
- What predicts a healthy diet? – How cooking can change your life
- #HumanAnimals – A different type of art story
- Could telepathy exist? – The science unlocking our true brain capabilities
- Predicting the future – Everything from 1984 predictions to medicine personalised to your genes
INTERESTING ARTICLES, STORIES OR SPEECHES
- Getting people to take a leap of faith – How can you get people to believe in something they can’t yet imagine?
- A “Sex Crime” – Jennifer Lawrence takes a strong stance against photo hacking, is this something we need to be thinking about closely going into this new digital age? The UK has certainly already started legislation around this issue
- What’s the best time to go to bed? – Getting a good night sleep is so important! So when should you be catching your zzzzzs?
- The limits of friendship – How many friends can you actually have, and is Facebook unhealthy for your mental well-being?
- Dazzling animated GIFs – Artist Erdal Inci and the magic of lighting and clones
Into the ice world: Photographer, Michael Leggero, battles 80ft waves to capture breathtaking pictures of Antarctica (see main picture)