Digital media was under the spotlight this week at both ends of the spectrum, from an influencer campaign making headlines for all the wrong reasons, to calls from UK broadcasters urging the government to regulate social media.
Elsewhere the rumour mill was in full effect with conjecture over what the latest Apple announcement might have in store. Announced with a cryptic rose gold circle, the consensus is that a new iPhone X is on the way, a piece of kit that Warren Buffett calls “enormously underpriced.”
- Facebook Watch has gone global and is offering new opportunities for advertisers.
- Twitter is testing threaded replies and status indicators.
- Google’s AI rolled out an optimisation tool to help make your ads better in real time.
- Skype received an update in an ongoing attempt to re-engage users.
- YouTube wants to make charitable giving easier as it introduces a suite of tools for fundraising.
- Digital will account for over 63% of all ad spend with 10% additional growth forecast for 2019.
- Dive into the growth of Instagram Stories in five charts.
- Pew Research in the US finds that teens are taking steps to reduce their smartphone and social media usage.
- US meat producer Farmland created a Supreme-style lookbook.
- Brown bag wine tasting with William Shatner, just one of the highlights of BrewDog’s new push into ‘craft’ content.
- Flexible, scrollable and waterproof – tablets are coming that mimic the design of ancient scrolls.