The Super Bowl LIII on Sunday may not have been the most exciting game, but advertisers still turned up in force to launch their big ads. Check out a couple of good round ups here and here. Social conversation, however, was dominated by the #ImWithKap movement, where people boycotted the game in support of former player Colin Kaepernick.
- Happy birthday to Facebook, which recently turned 15 years old. Here’s a look back at how the platform rose to dominance.
- Twitter is testing a morning news brief functionality to help users stay up-to-speed with current events
- WhatsApp users on iOS can now include Face ID or Touch ID in their security settings.
- Brands continue to focus on developing online marketplaces, with Wayfair the latest to try to compete with Amazon in this space.
- 61% of executives intend to deploy ‘explainable AI’ in 2019, according to an eMarketer survey.
- 42% of media buyers plan to increase their ad spending on LinkedIn, a new survey discovers.
- Here are three social media campaigns that will help you develop your 2019 strategy.
- The team behind the world record Instagram egg have teamed up with Hulu to promote mental health awareness.
- A Swedish hotel is offering free stays provided guests stay offline.
- People painting pictures of people painting pictures of people painting? This Twitter thread shows a wonderful side to Reddit.
- What does Brexit mean for GDPR?
- The BBC is tackling the ‘growing’ problem of fake news in Asia and Africa.
- T-Mobile’s use of a Twitter meme highlights the grey area around the use of online UGC by brands.