- Facebook adds new functionality to Messenger that includes payments and linking ads to Messenger. The latter could help this platform take off for brands.
- Snapchat – now at 150 million daily users, 50 million in Europe – introduced new ad targeting, including email and mobile device matching.
- The Amazon Echo is coming to the UK, Germany and Austria this Autumn.
- Google say their app install ads have generated a billion installs for developers in the past four months– a significant jump on the previous period.
- An IAB Europe report on the Programmatic Market.
- Forrester report says that robots will eliminate 6% of all US jobs by 2021.
- Uber launches a limited public trial of it’s self-driving car technology in Pittsburgh.
- Carling releases it’s own ‘Amazon Dash style’ beer button.
- Twitter live streams it’s first NFL game, and the experience receives some great reviews.
- This really is a deep read: Deepmind’s latest project looks to improve machines’ ability to understand and generate speech.
- On Netflix: ‘Why Hollywood fears a content monopoly‘.
- Think the new iPhones lack innovation? You’re wrong, so says the latest a16z podcast.